Friday, December 21, 2007

Being Active In AKI Makes Me...


AKI has a big impact in my life. For almost thirteen years that I have been sponsored, I can say that it really helped me a lot. Basically, it almost provides me all my needs like health and nutrition benefits, educational assistance and material benefits. But AKI doesn’t end with that, it goes beyond those things, it has lot more things to offer, opportunities that could enlighten a youth like me.

I remember the time that I’ve nearly dropped in the sponsorship but because of my Field Officer who believes in me, that conflict became a blessing-in-disguise. She gave me another chance and one time she told me to attend in a three-day-seminar of AKI, specifically named Advance Leadership Training. And that’s the start, I become an active youth in AKI. In the process, through cumulative seminars, I became a CLA facilitator which made me to be a good storyteller, a YES facilitator which gave me a chance to be a source of inspiration to my co-sponsored youth, and a YHC facilitator which helped me to appreciate more and brought me to the extent of my highest realization of certain things.

Being active in AKI, indeed, makes me a better person. It changes me a lot from being a shy girl who believes that her life should only focus in school to house or vice versa to a youth who can be a leader and a role model of her community. It improves me and it helps me to know myself in a more profound way. Whenever I involve myself in different youth programs, it became an opportunity for me to learn more that I don’t easily learn from the four corners of a classroom. It also develops my abilities and makes me discover that I’m capable of doing other things, which helps me to boost my confidence.

Eventually, the most significant aspect of being an active youth in AKI is the essence of volunteerism, of serving other sponsored children and sponsored youth by sharing the best of my knowledge and abilities and by spending my quality time with them. It’s really an overwhelming experience and a fulfillment from within which I could consider as a remarkable accomplishment in my life that, in some way, I have imparted, contributed, and made a footprint to others.

I will cherish forever all the good things that AKI brought me. I’m so thankful that God blessed me and gave this kind of privilege to be one of the sponsored children of Children International-Abot Kamay Inc. For all the immense sacrifices of all the people behind this institution to make this organization that’s devoted to the promotion of pubic cause to be possible, all of you deserve a big salute!!! Continue to be a blessing to others!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...